We’ve got answers!

Find a topic, and click on the arrow in the left of the box to uncollapse it and read more.

If you can’t find an answer to your question here, please call our Customer Service at 601-684-2231 or 800-919-2856 or reach out to your local branch here.

Personal Banking

How can I get the current rates on products offered by First Bank?

To obtain interest rates and annual percentage yields for Certificates of Deposit and other interest bearing accounts, call or visit a Customer Service Representative or call 601-684-2231. To obtain loan interest rates and annual percentage rates, call or visit a loan officer in one our many branch locations.

How can I set up direct deposit to my account?

To set up direct deposit (ACH) to your First Bank account , contact your employer or the company facilitating the deposit to initiate the transaction. You may also follow instructions and use the forms in our Switch Kit information.

What is First Bank’s Routing/Transit or ABA number?


How do I change my address or phone number?

You can update your phone number and email address by calling 601-684-2231 or calling any branch location; however, to change your mailing address, please visit your nearest branch to change the address in writing.

How can I send a wire transfer?

You can send an outgoing wire transfer via:

Through your Customer Service Representative at any of our First Bank Branch Office. 
*Fees apply for outgoing wires.

What information do I need to send a wire transfer?

The person or business to whom you are trying to send a wire should provide you with wiring instructions that contain the receiving bank’s name, address, and routing number along with the beneficiaries’ name, address and account number.

How can I receive a wire transfer?

You can provide First Bank’s bank name, address, and routing number along with your name and account number to the sender in order to receive a wire. We also need the address of the sender and receiver of any wire transfer. If the wire is coming from another country, please contact us for foreign wiring instructions. Fees apply for outgoing wires.

Checking & Savings Accounts

What types of overdraft protection does First Bank offer? How can I set up overdraft protection on my checking account?

It goes without saying: the best way to avoid overdraft charges is to keep track of your balance and transactions. However, we understand that from time-to-time, anyone can lose track of how much money is available in their transaction account. In order to cover those occasions, First Bank offers several overdraft protection services. If your account is in good standing, you may apply for our discretionary Standard Overdraft Practices. This service is limited to $300.00 in overdraft protection, and it is your choice whether you want all transactions covered or just some transactions covered. Other least costly available options include: 1) linking your transaction account to a funding account, such as a savings account, money market account, Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) or a First Class Line of Credit.

How can I set up overdraft protection on my checking or money market account?

To link your transaction account to a funding account or to apply for our discretionary Standard Overdraft Practices, please visit one of our many branch locations and ask to speak with a Customer Service Representative. For other funding accounts (HELOC or First Class Line of Credit), please visit one of our full service branch locations and ask to speak to a loan officer regarding the application process.

How can I place a stop payment?

You may request stop payment services for a check that has not already been accepted by First Bank for processing. To place a stop payment online, log in to online banking and select the appropriate account from the Accounts tab. Click on Stop Payments from the menu header and complete the requested information, then click submit. You may also request a stop payment by contacting your Customer Service Representative. A stop payment will be in effect for 6 months only with a signed copy on file, from the date accepted.  A fee will also be charged to your account.

Debit & Credit Cards

How do I apply for a First Bank credit card?

You can apply for a First Bank credit card by visiting one of our branches. View our credit card application here.

Why was I assessed an ATM Transaction Fee?

An ATM fee may be charged if a debit card or credit card is used at an ATM machine not owned by First Bank. Cash withdrawals can be obtained by using your First Bank Debit Card or First Bank Credit Card at either a First Bank ATM or another bank’s ATM. As listed on our Fee Schedule, First Bank will charge an ATM Transaction Fee when another bank’s ATM is used to make cash withdrawals or obtain balance inquires; however, there is no charge for cash withdrawals or balance inquiries at First Bank ATM locations.

How can I report a lost or stolen debit card?

During banking hours, stop by a First Bank Branch Office or contact us at 601-684-2231. After hours, please contact 1-866-546-8273, give the card center First Bank’s ABA # (065303386) with the last 4 digits of your card # (look on a receipt), plus other identifying information. You can also stop future transactions with Card Freeze via the First Bank (MS) On the Go mobile app.

What is Card Freeze?

First Bank’s Card Freeze provides you with enhanced Debit Card security. Instantly turn ON or OFF your First Bank Debit Card from receiving ATM transactions or new purchases using your mobile device. **

Card Freeze instantly allows you to:

View Debit Card Status
Report a Lost or Stolen Debit Card
Activate a New or Replacement Debit Card

Card Freeze is available through your convenient First Bank On the Go Mobile App. Click here to learn more about our easy-to-use app for your Android, iPhone, and iPad devices.

*If you have a joint account holder, their debit card won’t be affected since they manage it separately.

**Mobile Internet data charges may apply as well as text messages charges. Contact your mobile service provider for details.

How can I get a replacement debit card?

During banking hours, stop by one of these First Bank locations – McComb Main Branch Office, Brookhaven Brookway Branch, Edgewood Mall, Hattiesburg Midtown, West Hattiesburg, Madison, Monticello, Liberty, Magnolia and Summit, or contact us at 601-684-2231. First Bank offers convenience to our customers, instantly! Simply walk into one of the branches listed here and, within seconds, receive a fully functioning, active payment card. Application is required. To protect our customers, we cannot fulfill online requests for replacement cards.

What is an Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)?

EFTs include: 1) transfers through automated teller machines (ATMs); 2) point-of-sale (POS) terminals; 3) automated clearinghouse systems (ACH); 4) telephone bill-payment plans in which periodic or recurring transfers are contemplated; 5) remote banking programs, such as online banking and mobile banking; 6) remittance transfers, such as international wires.

What is an unauthorized EFT?

An unauthorized EFT is an electronic fund transaction from your account initiated by a person other than you without actual authority to initiate the transfer and from which you received no benefit. An unauthorized EFT does not include an EFT initiated in any of the following ways: 1) by a person who was furnished the access device (card, code, or other means) to your account by you, unless you previously notified us that transfers by that person are no longer authorized; 2) fraudulent intent by you or any person acting in concert with you; or 3) by the financial institution or its employee.

How can I initiate a dispute of a potential unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)?

You may call 601-684-2231 to verbally dispute a potential unauthorized EFT. However, if you want us to provisionally credit your account while we research your dispute, you must provide your dispute to us in writing within 10 days of reporting to us verbally. To provide your dispute in writing, please visit one of our branch locations. After our research, we will report the results of our investigation. If we determine the EFT was authorized and no error occurred, we will report those results to you in writing. Alternately, if we determine the EFT was unauthorized, we will correct the error, and report those results to you either verbally or in writing.

How can I change my Debit/ATM PIN?

PINs can be changed in the following First Bank locations: McComb Main Branch Office, Brookhaven Brookway Branch, Edgewood Mall, Hattiesburg Midtown, West Hattiesburg, Madison, Monticello, Liberty, Magnolia and Summit. If one of these locations are not convenient to you, please call 601-684-2231 for assistance changing your PIN. You can also change your PIN at any First Bank ATM if you know your current PIN number.

I cannot see my closed account online and would like to get a statement. How can I go about getting one?

Statements can be retrieved for you by our Account Services personnel at 601-684-2231.

How do I get a copy of my credit card statement?

Login to in order to obtain a duplicate copy of your credit card statement or call Account Services 601-684-2231 or 800-918-2856 to have a duplicate credit card statement mailed to you.

How do I use CardVerifi?
First Bank’s CardVerifi fraud verification system provides you with enhanced security by actively monitoring Debit Card transactions for possible fraudulent activity based on transactions and trends. Click here to go to

FDIC Insurance Coverage

Are my deposits insured by the FDIC?

FDIC insurance covers all types of deposits received at First Bank, including deposits in a savings account, checking demand deposit account (DDA), negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW), money market deposit account (MMDA), time deposit accounts such as a certificate of deposit (CD), and official items issued by a bank, such as a cashier’s check or money order.

FDIC insurance covers depositor’s accounts dollar-for-dollar, including principal and any accrued interest. The standard insurance amount is $250,000 per person, per bank, per ownership category. FDIC does not insure other financial products and services that banks may offer, such as safe deposit boxes, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, life insurance policies, annuities or municipal securities, even if these financial products are obtained or purchased at First Bank.

How do I determine if all my deposits at First Bank are fully insured by the FDIC?

To determine your deposit insurance coverage or ask any other specific deposit insurance questions, call 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342). You can also “Ask EDIE”), by using the FDIC’s Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE) on the FDIC’s website ( In order to accurately calculate your insurance coverage, you will need to know: 1) the names on each account 2) ownership category of each account 3) the current balance of each account 4) the accrued interest of each account.

Online Banking

This section has its own special set of questions and answers! Please click here to read more.