Honoring Those Who Serve: It’s National Police Week!
NOTE: This news article is an archived post that was posted on the date above. The information contained in this post was applicable for that date only. Some of the information below may have expired.
As Your Bank About Town, we want to honor those who protect and serve our community. Our law enforcement officers always prioritize the wellbeing of others over themselves, and many of them have even sacrificed their own lives in the line of duty. Without them, our community couldn’t thrive.
To our law enforcement officers:
Thank you for serving us.
Thank you for keeping our communities safe.
Thank you for the untold, heroic sacrifices you make every day.
Today and every day, we celebrate you!
As a small token of appreciation for our law enforcement, we have compiled a list of local discounts and promotions for those serving in the line of duty. Many of the listed promotions (and more!) appear in this article from CNN.
1. Hattiesburg police officers and firefighters can receive 6 free credit hours at the University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University.
2. Medical professionals and first responders get 60% off any full-priced Asics product. You must first create an Asics account using your professional email.
3. First responders and medical professionals can receive 20% off most items on Nike’s website. The discount can be used up to four times per month, and Nike uses SheerID to verify employment status.
4. First responders, teachers, nurses, and military all get 50% off their Reebok purchases, with no item exceptions.
5. Frontline workers get a month of free premium access to childcare, pet sitting, and elderly care services at Care.com.
6. Owala, a water bottle company, is helping first responders, government workers, and medical professionals stay hydrated with 50% off their orders.
7. All first responders can receive 30% off their purchase with Yeti.
8. The meal kit delivery service Home Chef is offering 50% off your first purchase for medical personnel, first responders, military, and teachers.
9. Health care workers, military personnel, and first responders can all snag 50% off BlanQuil’s popular weighted blankets (or anything else on the website).